Friday, July 12, 2013

When it gets a bit frustrating

I finally decided to fly to Kisumu as I was able to get a cheaper flight, although the trip by taxi to the airport is always costly. When I went in to check my luggage I was told that I had spent more than 24 since my arrival from Amsterdam so therefore I could only have 22kg. Of course, I had another bag that weight lots.... Spoke to the assistant manager, then the manager, then the super manager but no luck I had to pay $89.00 us! So much for the cheap flight.. I hope to never fly Kenya Airways again!!
I took a car from the airport and did some shopping for food and other necessities before heading for my little house. Although I had told my manager to get the house ready of course it was not. I had to move everything around and get dishes and stove from the locked closet...... I was not very happy but I did managed to make my bed in time for nightfall. My sleep was disturbed by the big birds hitting the tin  roof again and again and I needed an extra blanket , I did not remember the nights being so cold. In the morning I went out to fetch some water to boil for my "bath". Of course, there was a padlock on the water tank! I found a hundred keys in the house but none that fitted the lock. So I just brushed my teeth and used a wipe to clean up a bit. I just had to smile and remember that this is my Africa!

No comments:

Post a Comment