Friday, July 12, 2013

Our beautiful children

This morning I was really excited to go to school and see the children and staff. The building looks so clean and well cared for. Thanks to the Australian mamas we have our logo on the front of the school and also a mural with many kangaroos playing around the Australian flag! One exterior wall has the hands of the children in bright paint colors I just love it! Wonderful work Australian Mamas! I really miss you .......
The children were all in class when I arrived and my heart just melted to see them all looking so engaged and happy! I was asked for balloons right away but they were happy to settle for a special treat of bread and jam. So many have grown since last summer unfortunately there has been a lot of sickness as I mentioned earlier and I plan to go visits some of the children who are too sick to walk to school.
Later on in the day I came to Mbalee to go to the bank in order to pay some of the bills. What a surprise to run into Zipporah, our social worker, and my "dancing boy" Hudson. They were coming back from the clinic where he had a very big abcess on his finger opened and drained. No freezing of any kind of course and the poor child was in tears. It was time for a special treat, I took him to the local diner and he had a big Fanta with beef and chapatis and for desert a bag of crisps. The smile returned to his face and the pain a bit forgotten I hoped. I just adore this little man, he has a very special place in my heart.

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear that the school is well cared for. Poor little Hudson sounds like he had a tough time. But with Mama Louise around to spoil him a little, I'm sure he picked up quickly. Your grand daughters are having a good summer. They've been to the beach a few times already, and we're planning some more fun in August. No soccer injuries to report either!!

    Love,
    Dan, Christa, Catrin, and Arlen xoxo

    ReplyDelete