Monday, August 16, 2010

SMILING CHILDREN AND HAPPY MAMA!!!

Bonjour!
The opening day went really well and I had the opportunity to meet all guardians and parents of our little students. I had 5 cakes for them that I decorated with lots of plum jam, fruits and candies. My sister Claudette would have been proud of my decorations!! My friend Isacc, the local artist, worked with the children part of the afternoon and they created very beautiful pictures. I will take some back to Canada. I was amazed by the concentration of the children as they worked with the water colors and pastels. Isacc has agreed to continue to work with them at the school this coming year. I believe we have some talented artists!!
I also met all of our sponsored girls and we had time to discuss their progress and academic goals for this coming term. I will bring back letters from them to their sponsors.
I was very exhausted at the end of the day but felt on cloud nine!
My cat Maxi Puss is going to have babies next month or so and she is a great comfort to me when I miss my furry family......
More news to come when I am back in Nairobi this week end.
Au revoir,
Mme B.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the opening was such a success! You should be very proud that your hard work has paid off so well. See you in a few weeks at school

    The McMillan's

    ReplyDelete