Thursday, July 8, 2010

kids love bubbles!!

We arrived safely two days ago but I did not have a chance to get to Mbalee to use the internet. It was so incredible to see all my friends and children! I went to our school site as soon as I arrived in the village and sat in one of the classroom......tears of joy and very thankful for the great work that was accomplish by the crew. I had a meeting with the Maragoli board and the five classrooms will be ready for the children to start school before I leave in August. I am really busy right now working on the details regarding furnishing and painting and........... Great news as well the team of students who are at the house at this time from Canada and the States are wonderful and their team has donated all the ciment needed to do the walls and the floors. They will be involved with the work as well!! They have asked if they could start on the foundation for the dorm so the crew began to outline the area yesterday but unfortunately something is wrong with the blueprint and the architect will need to come on Friday before we can do anything else. He is not a very pleasant man and will charge quite a bit to come but it needs to be done. There is a lot more to that story but I will save this for later...... Just to say that he always prefers to deal with men and I need to be very assertive while remaining extremely patient and polite.....
Friday a big party has been planned on the school site to celebrate the school project and other community projects. We have purchased a whole cow to cook for the occasion as we are expecting around 500 people. Today I had to take my little friend George to the hospital in this town and finally had some time to blog. He was stabbed in the leg a week ago as he was playing with friends and the wound was so badly infected that he needed to be seen by a doctoc as the local health clinic is not really able to deal with severe wound infection. So here we are and now, our youngest and cutest team member Bradley, will write a few words about his experience at the hospital.
To all my friends in Canada
My name is Bradley and I went to the hospital with the Muungano team today because George has a leg injury and he has become my friend. While we waited in the waiting room my aunt Michelle (also an incredible and beautiful team member) blew bubbles for all the children and they loved it and everybody was smiling and laughing!! Over and out from Bradley.

I will be writing soon again I hope......
All my love to you in Canada.
Mme B.

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!! keep up the good work team!!Hi Brad and michelle. Brad love your blog 2 buddy. Hoping georges leg has a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete