Monday, July 11, 2011

OH LA LA!!!

Bonjour!
After three days of travel I reached Maragoli on Wednesday late afternoon. All went well with the trip and I have managed to stay healthy and able to work. The children at the Muungano school had a special presentation for me and I was greeted with so many "OH La La!! The children danced, sang and played the drums while another student played the guitar. I was so amazed to see them all together so engaged in the concert. My heart was simply bursting with joy and regardless of all the other problems I am facing with the work here they are giving me the energy and courage to follow throught. Tomorrow I will be dressing everyone in a soccer shirt for a special "sports day" the first for our school.
I am spending too much in meetings since I have arrived and I am really looking forward to spend more time with my children. The process to register the school is very long and complicated so I need to be patient.
The dorm is in construction and I am hoping that all will be completed before I leave in August.
My cat Maxi Puss is still around with two of her new babies. Wee Puss and Charlie Puss. They keep me company at night. I also have been taking care of a dog in the neighbourhood who just had 6 puppies but unfortunately only 3 survived. The puppies are so cute!!! I go by once a day to feed them and they all come to me waiting for the feeding.
I hope to write soon,
the internet connection is really bad so is the power in the area at this time.
"mama" Louise

1 comment:

  1. Cheers to you on July 14th Madame B.

    For everyone, this link to "Backpack with Brock" shows the North Maragoli community and highlights the Muungano Special Education School -- wonderful footage of the children; so much to be proud of "mama" Louise!

    http://www.backpackwithbrock.com/blog/2011/03/22/north-maragoli-kenya-the-wonderful-west/

    ReplyDelete